- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.4.0 (2005-04-19)
PvP Honor System
The Player versus Player Honor System is now active. Players will be
able to gain rankings based on their PvP performance, with lucrative
rewards for those who distinguish themselves on the field of battle!
Read more about the PvP Honor system.
Children's Week is celebrated in Orgrimmar and Stormwind City at the
start of May and lasts for a week. It is a time to give back to the
innocents of war: the orphans!
Gurubashi Arena event
There is now a regular event in Gurubashi Arena in Stranglethorn
Vale. Every three hours starting at midnight, a pirate with too
much treasure on his hands will drop a chest in the center of the
arena. Whoever can open the chest first gets the contents! Of course,
the arena is a PvP Free for All area, so there might be other players
who are trying to open it first...
Invasions by elementals at different locations on Kalimdor have
reportedly been occurring sporadically every few days. Concerned
adventurers should investigate Silithus, Un'Goro Crater, Azshara,
and Winterspring to counter these incursions.
- Charm and Polymorph mechanics can now be reactively countered by
spells and abilities (e.g. Druid Shapeshifting will now cancel
- Mana regeneration is now disrupted when a spell has completed casting
rather than at the start of casting. It will resume normally five
seconds after the last spell cast. This change increases the total
time spent regenerating mana and therefore increases the total
contribution from Spirit for mana-based classes.
- Level 60 mounts purchased at vendors now have a whole new look.
Faster undead mounts already have a different look and so have not
changed. The new mounts can be seen standing near the mount vendors.
If you have one of the old fast mounts, you can exchange it for one
with a new look at the mount vendor.
- Healing-over-time spells should now be improved by "+Healing" items
when cast on other players.
- Mind Controlled characters will no longer receive a durability
penalty when they die.
- When a non-Hunter resurrects a pet, the pet will no longer receive
- A handful of spells were added to the list of spells subject to
diminishing returns in PvP. It is our goal to set as few spells as
possible to be diminished. We've identified this short list of spells
as having durations and cooldowns sufficient to almost permanently
slow or immobilize targets but without adequate controls or other
limiting factors. When a spell with diminishing returns is used
against a target in PvP, the first effect has full duration. On the
second use of the same category of spell (e.g. slowing), that spell's
duration is reduced by 50%. On the third use, the duration is reduced
by 75%. On the fourth attempt, the target becomes immune to the
spell. Spells must be used on the same target within 15 seconds of the
*end* of the duration in order to be diminished. In other words, if a
target hasn't had a slowing spell active on them for more than 15
seconds, the next slowing spell will have full effect. The list of
affected spells is:
- Guard directions, signs and signposts have been added to point you
toward the PvP Officer Lounges in Stormwind City (Champions' Hall)
and Orgrimmar (Hall of Legends).
- Blood Fury - Now increases base melee attack power by 25% for 15
seconds. When it fades base melee attack power is reduced by 25% for
- Perception - Increased detection bonus.
- Berserking - Is now usable after being the target of a critical hit.
Increases melee, ranged and spell casting speed by 25% but increases
all damage taken by 10% for the duration.
- Ravage and Shred now properly increase the attack power contribution
by the percent modifier.
- Shapeshifting into an animal form will now remove Polymorph effects.
- Feral Charge - Fixed a bug where the ability cost 10 rage instead of
five as intended. Should now cost five rage.
- Entangling Roots - Now subject to diminishing returns in PvP. This is
considered an immobilizing effect.
- A new Hunter epic quest series is now in the game and waiting to be
- Scatter Shot (Talent) - Now usable while moving and no longer
interrupts ranged combat. Now properly reduces the ranged attack
power contribution by the percent modifier.
- Highland Striders no longer have Cower (Rank 3) when tamed.
- New Pet Ability: Dive - Increases movement speed for a short
- New Pet Ability: Dash - Increases movement speed for a short duration.
- Freezing Trap - Visual changed.
- Track Hidden - Increased stealth detection.
- Scorpid Sting - Fixed a bug where it was not considered a poison. It
can now be removed by poison curing effects.
- Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack - These Aspects will now be canceled when
- Viper Sting - This spell can no longer be used on warrior and rogue
targets. In addition, while it can be used on a druid target at any
time it will only drain mana when the druid is in caster form.
- Amplify Magic and Dampen Magic effects should now replace each other
- Improved Scorch (Talent) - Redesign. Scorch spells have a
20/40/60/80/100% chance to cause your target to be vulnerable to Fire
damage. This vulnerability increases the Fire damage dealt to your
target by 2% and can be stacked up to 5 times for a total of 10%
increased Fire damage.
- New Spell: Arcane Brilliance (available at level 56 - Loot) - Infuses
the target's party with brilliance, increasing their Intellect.
- Improved Mana Shield - Design changed. Instead of increasing the
amount absorbed, it now decreases the mana lost per point of damage
taken by 10/20%.
- An error message is now displayed if you try to use Blink on boats
- Wand Specialization - Fixed a bug where the damage increase with this
talent was higher than the listed amount.
- Frost Nova - Now subject to diminishing returns in PvP. This is
considered an immobilizing effect.
- Pyroblast and Fireball damage over time will now stack together.
- Seal of Wisdom and Seal of Light should now replace each other
properly as well as stack properly when used by different paladins.
- Paladin Epic Mount quest added. To begin, talk to the paladin
trainers Duthroian Rall or Brandur Ironhammer.
- Paladins who have completed their Epic Mount quest can repeat the
final event in Scholomance for fun (and loot) by speaking with Lord
- Sanctity Aura - Fixed a bug where the spell/talent was unlearned
after logging out if learned before level 40.
- Resistance Auras - Paladins should now be able to switch from a
resistance aura to any other resistance aura without canceling the
current one first.
- Improved Seal of Justice - Fixed a bug that caused the talent to
have no effect. It will now increase the frequency that the stun
effect will land.
- A new Priest epic quest series is now in the game and waiting to
- Levitate - Duration and mana cost increased.
- Touch of Weakness - Should now be affected by the Blackout, Darkness,
Force of Will, Shadow Focus, Shadow Weaving and Silent Resolve
- Starshards - Should now be affected by the Focused Casting, Force of
Will, and Silent Resolve talents.
- Holy Fire - Should now be affected by the Focused Casting talent.
- Mind Flay - Should now be affected by the Focused Casting talent.
- Desperate Prayer - Should now be affected by the Holy Specialization
- Vampiric Embrace - Active icon tooltip rewritten to be more clear.
- Holy Nova - Now causes an explosion of holy light around the caster,
causing Holy damage to all enemy targets within 10 yards and healing
all party members within 10 yards. These effects now cause no threat
as opposed to reducing threat temporarily.
- Holy Fire - Several changes were made to Holy Fire in an effort to
make this a more usable and efficient damage spell. The cast time was
reduced from five seconds to four seconds, which reduces the damage
caused. Therefore, the damage was increased and more of the spell's
potency was shifted into the damage-over-time portion. The duration
was also increased and mana cost and cooldown were both decreased.
While the direct damage portion was reduced slightly from the
previous version, each tick of damage should be unchanged, and the
spell now delivers one additional tick of damage. In total, the
relative damage and efficiency of the spell has been increased.
- Wand Specialization - Fixed a bug where the damage increase with this
talent was too high.
- Combo points will no longer be removed if the target is deselected.
They will only be removed if a different target is selected.
- Fixed a bug where combo points were not always being applied to the
target when using Cheap Shot, Ambush and Garrote.
- Vanish - Increased stealth bonus.
- Ambush, Backstab, Ghostly Strike, and Riposte now properly increase
the attack power contribution by the percent modifier.
- The Kick ability prevents the target from casting spells in the same
school when channeled casting is interrupted.
- If using Gouge triggers the Stormshroud Armor lightning effect, the
Gouge effect will no longer be instantly interrupted.
- The Rogue trainers will now point the player to an appropriate area
with boxes to unlock depending on the lockpicking skill of the player.
- Preparation - Will now clear the cooldown of the Blade Flurry ability.
- Riposte - Fixed a bug that prevented the ability from being used when
the target had no weapon or was already disarmed.
- Earth Shock - The visual for ranks two through seven has been changed
to be consistent with rank one.
- Windfury - Fixed a bug that caused an additional attack beyond what
was intended. In addition, fixed a bug that caused the next normal
melee attack to happen sooner than intended.
- Level 58+ Shaman should talk to Sagorne Creststrider in Orgrimmar;
there is a special quest for them involving a dreaded death knight
who dwells in the depths of the Scholomance.
- Frost Shock - Now subject to diminishing returns in PvP. This is
considered a slowing effect.
- Grounding Totem - Should no longer redirect area effect spells or
be destroyed by area effects spells.
- Warlock Epic Mount quest added. To begin, speak with a demon trainer
in any of the capital cities: Kurgal, Martha Strain, Spackle
Thornberry, or Jubahl Corpseeker.
- The Warlock Infernal quest is now available and can be found in
- The Warlock Ritual of Doom quest is now available and can be found in
the Tainted Scar.
- The succubus model has been updated.
- Paranoia (Felhunter) - Increased stealth detection.
- Seduction (Succubus) - Is now considered a Fear effect for purposes
of diminishing returns.
- Thunder Clap - Visual and animation changed.
- The following set items have had their art updated:
- Devout Crown and Mantle, Magister's Crown, Circlet of Prophecy, all
parts of the Warrior "Might" set, Lightforge Helm, Helm of Valor,
Dreadmist Mask, Wildheart Cowl and Pauldrons, and Coif of Elements.
Other class sets will receive updated art in future patches.
- Random world items that had increased healing effects were
mislabeled, and the amount of increased healing appeared to be half
of what was actually occurring. The amount shown on the item is now
an accurate representation of the healing increase.
- The Celestial Orb and Robe of the Archmage will no longer trigger
the cooldowns of a Mage's mana gems. Mana gems are now on their own
unique cooldown category.
- Tiny Black Whelping item changed to Dark Whelpling to reflect the
name of the creature summoned.
- Fixed a typo in the aura description for the Mighty Rage potion.
- +Spell damage and +Healing effects have been increased in
effectiveness to make them more attractive to players. Effects that
increased damage and healing done by all magical spells received the
largest increase, especially if the previous amount was small. We
also fixed a couple bugs relating to these effects.
- Pimgib's Collar is now unique.
- Frayed Abomination Stichings are now considered to be uncommon items.
- Fordring's Seal has been improved with additional Stamina and
- Ring of Protection's armor has been lowered, but the ring's Stamina
has been increased.
- Voodoo Band has been slightly improved.
- Underworld Band is no longer unique.
- Filling jars of ooze no longer puts you into combat.
- The Rod of the Ogre Magi properly sheathes now.
- hanged the tooltip of the Bloodfang Hood's effect to properly
indicate the duration of the stun.
- The Demon Forged Breastplate effect no longer requires channeling.
- Tooltips for the Blazefury Medallion, Storm Gauntlets, Fiery Plate
Gauntlets Blessed Sunfruit, Blessed Sunfruit Juice, and ragged John's
Neverending Cup modified to more appropriately describe their effects.
- The Amberseal Keeper's melee DPS has been reduced, but an additional
+Spell Damage effect has been added instead.
- Onyxia Hide Backpacks are now 18 slot containers.
- Warstrike Shoulder Pads have been improved.
- Living Leggings, Breastplate, and Shoulders now have Stamina, but had
their Nature Resistance lowered.
- Legplates and Legguards of the Chromatic Defier have been improved.
- The drop rate of Essence of Undead has been lowered.
- The drop rate for Gift of the Wild and Prayer of Fortitude has been
- General Drakkisath will now drop 2-4 Blood of the Black Dragon
Champion instead of 1.
- A significant number of additional engineering devices have been
added to the world both as new recipes on vendors and as drops on
monsters in the higher level (50+) dungeons and in raids.
- Seven new blacksmithing recipes are available to seasoned
blacksmiths via a series of turn-in quests.
- Three new armorsmithing recipes are available to master armorsmiths.
All 3 recipes are gained via quest.
- The Turtle Scale gloves recipe has been changed to have a white name
rather than green since it can now be purchased at the store.
Generally, recipes with white names are store-bought and ones with
green or blue (or purple) names are drops from monsters.
- Some Blasting Powder icons Changed.
- Leatherworkers can now make throwing balls (as a toy).
- Ghostweave Belt pattern is no longer bind on acquire.
- Randal Worth in Stormwind now only teaches apprentice level
- Expert Blacksmithing Trainers will now point you to the appropriate
artisan smith when you get a high enough skill.
- Bombs now cause a disorient effect when they go off, this was not
working correctly previously.
- Flame Deflector and Frost Deflector now do an elemental damage absorb
rather than a resistance increase.
- Minor Recombobulator now restores health and mana as well as removing
- Target Dummies now generate an initial taunt pulse so creatures will
attack them for the first 5 seconds after they are dropped.
- Gnomish Death Ray damage increased slightly and cooldown reduced to
- The level of the Mechanical Dragonlings, Battlechicken, and Bombs
dropped by the Goblin Bomb Dropper now scale with your engineering
skill, so they will be always useful against enemies. Their damage
and health has remained the same.
- Requirements to make the Helm of Fire were reduced.
Raids & Dungeons
- Azuregos now has a new ability - Mark of Frost. A player who is hit
with the Mark of Frost will be temporarily frozen in a block of ice
should they attempt to re-engage Azuregos. Mark of Frost is extremely
powerful and will persist through death and resurrection.
- Bael'gar, Lord Incendius, and Golem Lord Argelmach are now slightly
lower level than previously. This will provide a much better
progression of creature and boss levels in Blackrock Depths.
- The Baroness Anastari encounter has been changed. Players who become
unpossessed will now have full health, and after the Baroness
unpossesses a player there will be a much longer cooldown before she
can cast possess again. These changes should make her a more balanced
encounter for a 5 man group.
- Lava Surgers no longer respawn once you kill Garr.
- When Majordomo Executus submits, a chest is spawned next to him. This
chest should only spawn the FIRST time he is defeated in a saved
instance. If a guild tries him a second or third night, no chest
- Ragnaros now stays up 2 hours rather than 1 after being summoned.
- The Golemagg and Shazzrah encounters in the Molten Core has undergone
- Scholomance Itemization
* 20 new Rare items have been added to Scholomance.
* Several Uncommon items have been upgraded to Rare quality.
* Rattlegore, Jandice Barov, and Lord Alexei Barov will now always
drop at least one Rare item.
* Ras Frostwhisper will always drop at least two Rare items.
- Stratholme Itemization
* 26 new Rare items have been added to Stratholme.
* Several Uncommon items have been upgraded to Rare quality.
*Archivist Galford, Baroness Anastasi, Nerub'enkan, and Maleki the
Pallid will now always drop at least one Rare item.
- Raid Itemization
* Onyxia, Azuregos, Lord Kazzak, and all Molten Core boss creatures
have all received some new items on their loot tables.
* Onyxia will once again drop two upper tier class set helms.
* Most of the non-class set items that dropped from Molten Core and
Onyxia have had their effective levels increased, resulting in
higher DPS weapons, and/or better stats and effects.
* Players who defeat the Majordomo Executus encounter will now be
rewarded with new epic items. This reward will only be granted the
first time the encounter is defeated during the 6 day lifespan of
a Molten Core instance.
* The loot tables for some of the Molten Core bosses have been
improved so they drop an additional epic item per kill.
* World bosses such as Onyxia, Azuregos, and Lord Kazzak will no
longer drop random blue items of a level lower than 50.
* Prior to this patch, Molten Core boss creatures could drop items
from one of two different tiered sets for every character class.
The loot tables have been changed so Molten Core bosses will now
only drop items from the lower tier class sets. However, some of
the items from those sets were not previously dropping in Molten
Core. These missing class set items will now drop in Molten Core,
allowing players to complete their lower tier class sets. The
higher tier class set pieces that once dropped in Molten Core will
be found once again in Blackwing Lair, the next raiding zone
scheduled for release in a future patch.
* Future patches will include even more item rewards for these raid
encounters, as well as improvements to the statistics, effects,
and set bonuses for both tiers of the raid armor sets.
- Party quest share information is now working. If you mouse over a
quest that multiple party members have, it will display a mouseover
tooltip indicating what nearby party member are on that quest. Also,
to the left of the quest name in your quest log it will list a
number in parenthesis indicating how many other players in your party
have that quest.
- Quest givers who have repeatable quests now display with a blue
question mark over their head instead of the standard yellow
exclamation point/question mark.
- The Molten Core discovery quest has had its objective moved from
inside the Molten Core to Blackrock Depths.
- Lunaclaw's spirit should stay around longer before despawning, and
the spirit should simply despawn as oppose to "die".
- The description text for both the Horde and Alliance versions of the
"Rabine Saturna" quest have been clarified.
- The reward text for the "Hive in the Tower" quest has been clarified.
- Fixed the Resonite Crystal not spawning in the Stonetalon Quest
- Kinelory in Arathi Highlands is now PvP-enabling, so Horde players
who attack her will be flagged for PvP.
- Quickened Ana'thek the Cruel's (quest target in Stranglethorn)
respawn rate. He and his entourage now spawn every 5-8 minutes.
- Removed Stormwind Faction reward from the Greenwarden quest line in
- The time Decrepit Guardians stay spawned (they're the mobs trapping
the Annals of Darrowshire in Andorhal) increased from 1 minute to 2
- The elementals in the plaguelands no longer attack the Spectral
- The "haunting" radius of Pamela's doll pieces in Darrowshire was
reduced. You must now be closer to a doll piece before ghosts appear.
- Increased the respawn time of Mok'rash in Stranglethorn Vale from 9
hours to 2 hours on average.
- Fixed a bug that caused Razzle in Dun Morogh to become
- Added text to the Fresh Zhevra Carcass to clarify it's use in the
- Typos in various quests have been corrected.
- Temporary weapon enchantments will now display as buff icons to the
right of your normal buff icons.
- Recipes you already know will not show up in the auction listing if
"Usable Items" is checked.
- The mouseover UI in the bottom right corner will no longer overlay
the extra action bars if you have them up.
- If the subject line is not filled in when you put an item in a piece
of mail, it will automatically be filled in with the item being sent.
- Mousing over the interface options menu will no longer count as a
mouseover on objects underneath the interface window (Thus making it
hard to set your chat windows to be fully transparent among other
- Andorhal has been overhauled to improve framerate, navigability, and
- Repositioned quest spawns in light of new city layout (tower marker
indicators, silos, etc.).
- Doubled the number of small lockboxes present for the "Counting Out
- Araj should now spawn as a result of destroying the crystals in the
towers of Andorhal.
- Kardris Dreamseeker is now being addressed properly as a female,
rather than a male.
- There are new load screens for the Stratholme, Scholomance and
Blackrock Depths instances. Additionally, many of the previous load
screens throughout the world have been replaced with new art. Enjoy!
- Bloodvenom Post - Crossroads (Horde) no longer flies you through a
tree. Sorry for the scrapes and bruises.
- Shalzaru's Lair on the Isle of Dread off the coast of Feralas now
properly displays its name when you enter the cave.
- The dragon bones just to the southwest of The Swarming Pillar in
Silithus have been named the Bones of Grakkarond.
- The levels of the NPCs in Camp Mojache have been raised to be
commensurate with their counterparts at Feathermoon Stronghold.
- Patrolling scouts that can see through stealth and invisibility
have been added to Darnassus, Stormwind City, Undercity and Thunder
- The range of restock time for Argent Dawn vendors has been widened.
- Cairne Bloodhoof is now a little more talkative.
- High Priest Rohan is now properly associated with the Ironforge
- Grimand Elmore in Stormwind is more talkative.
- Town Criers in all the major cities now have basic gossip text.
- More references to the fictitious locale of "Chillwind Point" have
been squashed in favor of the very real "Chillwind Camp".
- Players will no longer get stuck in a location in the Ruins of
Eldarath in Azshara.
- Fires in Thunder Axe Fortress in Desolace now have proper names.
- No longer a tree floating off the ground in the Sishir Canyon area
of the Stonetalon Mountains.
- There is no longer a floating tree in Westfall above the defias
- There are no longer fish flying around above the water line in
- Female orcs no longer get stuck in scaffolding in Lost Rigger Cove.
- Removed a crate that was clipping through a tent/hut in Coldridge
- Removed the terrain that popped in and out of the crevice in the
entrance to Foothold Citadel on Theramore Isle.
- Properly named the intact watchtower near Southshore.
- The Rainsticks sign in Thunderbluff is no longer floating.
- Removed floating object from Nijel's Point in Desolace.
- Removed an invisible collision wall located in the Barrens near
the Bramblescar area.
- Players can no longer kill creatures with ranged attacks while the
mobs are unable to damage the player when standing atop the cauldrons
in Eastern Plaguelands.
- Closed a hole in the world in the Searing Gorge.
- There is no longer a hole in the world at Dun Garok.
- The minimum level requirement on the Dire Maul meeting stone has
been properly assigned.
- The minimum level requirement on the Temple of Atal'Hakkar Meeting
Stone has been properly assigned.
- The minimum level requirement on the Blackrock Spire Meeting Stone
has been properly assigned.
- There is no longer a hole in the world in Raven Hill, Duskwood.
- A tree located too far above the ground in Feralas has been
- The dock on the Forgotten Coast in Feralas is no longer partially
floating above the ground.
- There is no longer water missing from the pool by the Grimtotems
in the Lower Wilds of Feralas.
- A rock that was sitting above the ground at the top of one of the
falls in Nighthaven has landed.
- Players no longer will get stuck in a location at Gurubashi Arena
in Stranglethorn Vale.
- Major Mana potions buy/sell price slightly increased.
- Aggro radius of Bears and Wolves in Silverpine have been reduced.
- The Dry times in Ironforge have ended and the Stonefire Tavern in
Ironforge now has alcohol again.
- Fixed a grammatical error in one of Captain Kromcrush's yells in
- Mizzle the Crafty in Dire Maul shouldn't be so repetitive in
proclaiming a new king if the player cycles through gossip too
- Williden Marshal's gossip text has been polished.
- The keyboard shortcut to quit the game has been changed to
Command-Option-Q to work around an issue with PowerBooks.
- Fixed a bug where weapon skills were inappropriately capped at 5
times level. Characters should now gain benefit from weapon skill
bonuses beyond their normal cap.
- Fixed portrait creation while alt-tabbed away from the game.
- Fixed sorting items in the auction house by current bid.
- Blessing of Sacrifice only transfers the damage dealt, up to the
maximum listed in the tooltip.
- The "created by" tags are visible again when you inspect someone.
- Effects that indicated that they increased damage and healing by
all magical spells were actually not improving healing. They now
will properly increase healing by the listed the amount.
- Extra attacks gained from spells and abilities are applied
immediately and do not affect normal combat swing time.
- Abilities which do an additional percentage of weapon damage now
include attack power as part of the base weapon damage.
- Fixed race condition where damage would sometimes be applied after
Ice Block or Divine Shield are activated.
- Ranged attacks use the target's defense skill instead of target's
level to determine chance to hit.
- Fixed bug where ranged attackers would run up and engage you in
- Pets and summons will now go with you if you use a hearthstone or
other long range teleport.
- Fixed mouse selection bug when opening bags while the auction
interface is open.
- There is no longer water missing on the shore of Jademir Lake in
Oneiros in Feralas.
- Fixed a typo in the tooltip for the Field Repair Bot 74A.
- Fixed the geometry of the Branchclaw gloves.
- Lost Souls will now drop their Wispy Cloaks and Tormented Spirits
will drop their Ghostly Bracers every time they die now.
- Whistle of the Mottled Red Raptor's buff icon now lists the mount
as being a Mottled Red Raptor instead of a Crimson Raptor.
- Ancona creature name changed to Ancona Chicken.
- The wording of item resistance enchantments has been made more
- Roast Raptor now has an more appropriate inventory sound.
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.3.2 (2005-04-04)
- Version 1.3.2 is a Mac OS X only patch.
- the Vertex Animation Shader feature is disabled for GPU's such as
the Radeon 8500,9000, and 9200 series. We expect to re-enable this
functionality in a future patch.
- New code optimizations were added to improve frame rate and reduce
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.3.1 (2005-03-24)
- We have fixed a crash bug that would happen infrequently when
- We have fixed a UI error that could occur in certain zones.
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-22)
Diremaul, a new dungeon for players level 56-60, is now open and
ready for business. Diremaul is populated by a fierce tribe of ogres
and is located in the western region of Feralas. Diremaul will be
limited groups of no more than five players each.
New Outdoor Raid Bosses
Two new outdoor raid bosses have been introduced to Azeroth.
Azuregos, a monstrous blue dragon, has landed in Azshara, while
Lord Kazzak the demon can be found in the Tainted Scar of the Blasted
Meeting Stones are located outside of each dungeon to help players
find a group to adventure with in the dungeon. The meeting stone will
try to find you a viable five-person group by looking for a tank, a
healer, and so on. As time passes and you are unable to find a group,
the meeting stone will become less picky about who it groups you with.
Dungeon Player Caps
All dungeons now have a cap on group size to limit the number of
players that may enter the dungeon. It was necessary to add this cap
as raiding these dungeons trivialized much of the content. Because of
this change we can now look to adding better loot to them during future
With that in mind, the dungeons below now have the following caps:
Onyxia/Molten Core - 40 members
Blackrock Spire - 15 members
Diremaul - 5 members
All other dungeons in the game will be capped at 10 members.
Several dungeons will be re-examined for balancing in light of this
change. In addition, will have their loot improved significatnly for
the next content patch.
- Previously, in many cases, a Block, Parry, or Dodge was translated
into a "Miss," thus causing confusion over actual miss rates. We've
made the following changes in an attempt to be more clear as to what
is actually happening in combat:
* Block: All creatures will now report a Block on attacks from the
front, reducing damage caused instead of converting the attack into
a "Miss." Creatures will no longer be able to Block attacks from
* Dodge: Every time a creature Dodges, it will report a Dodge. We
will no longer translate a creature's Dodge of a rear attack to a
* Parry: All creatures will now report a Parry on attacks from the
front instead of translating them into a "Miss." Creatures will no
longer be able to Parry attacks from behind.
- Blocking an ability that takes place on the next swing now blocks the
normal amount of damage instead of all of it.
- Skill-up rate improved for bows, crossbows, guns, thrown, and wands.
- Improved line of sight for large creatures.
- In-game mail sent from GMs will now use official Blizzard stationery.
- The Drunk effect has been greatly enhanced.
- If you resurrect without releasing your spirit, your resurrection
timer will decrease normally.
- You can no longer accept a warlock summoning while you are in combat.
- Increased stun resistance will now also help resist some non-melee
based stun spells from creatures.
- Mounts now are Horde or Alliance restricted in the tooltip. We do
not intend to allow Horde players to ride Alliance vendor-purchased
mounts and vice versa.
- Most humanoids NPCs have gained the ability to swim.
- Numbers and punctuation will not be passed through chat communication
to members of the opposing faction.
- Spells in PvP now have a slight increase in range and area of effect
when targets are moving. This should improve the overall usability of
spells and ranged attacks.
- Priests can no longer kill players with Shadow Word: Pain and Mind
Control in duels.
- Certain key NPCs (such as bankers and auctioneers) in the cities and
main outposts are now harder to kill. Additionally, when they die,
they will respawn more quickly.
- Patrolling scouts that can see through stealth and invisibility have
been added to both Orgrimmar and Ironforge.
- Players under Mind Control pass reputation changes due to kills to
the controlling player, and do not receive the reputation
- You cannot see your enemies' buffs while you are charmed.
- Dueling players can now cast helpful spells on their allies
(but not vice versa).
- Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
- Rebirth - Casting time and mana cost reduced; now ignores
- Swiftshifting - Talent changed. When leaving a shapeshift form, the
next shapeshift form you take will have a 20%/40%/60% mana cost
reduction if used within 6 seconds.
- Gift of the Wild - This spell is now cast on the target's party.
- Cat Form - DPS increase at levels 40-60.
- New Ability (Cat Form): Ferocious Bite (available at level 32) -
Finishing move that causes damage per combo point and converts each
extra point of energy into additional damage.
- New Spell: Barkskin (available at level 44) - The druid's skin
becomes as tough as bark. Physical damage taken is reduced. While
protected, taking damage will not cause spellcasting delays, but
non-instant spells take longer to cast and melee combat is slowed.
- New Ability (Bear Form): Frenzied Regeneration (available at level
36) - Converts an amount of rage into health every second for a
- Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
- Sandfury Guardians are no longer tameable.
- Fixed a bug where Hunter pets were sometimes unattackable by opposing
- Fixed a bug where creatures were keeping their innate resistances
after being tamed. This was unintentional and the fix will affect
all existing pets.
- Distracting Shot - Is now properly improved by the Efficiency and
Hawk Eye talents.
- You can no longer use Eyes of the Beast to leave a flight path.
- Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
- Improved Blizzard - Chill duration reduced to 1.5 seconds (4.5
seconds w/ Permafrost) and refreshes with each damage tick rather
than at the beginning of the spell. In addition, a target that
resists the damage will also resist the chill effect.
- Blink - Using this spell should no longer cause you to fall through
- Blink can now be used to escape more of the stun effects used by
creatures in the world.
- Blink is no longer useable on boats or zeppelins.
- Blast Wave damage radius fixed so damage properly extends to 10 yd.
- Dampen Magic - Duration and mana cost increased. Now castable on all
- Amplify Magic - Duration and mana cost increased. Now castable on all
- Frost/Ice Armor - Mana cost reduced.
- New Spell: Mage Armor (Available at level 34) - Allows for 30% of
mana regeneration to function while casting and increases resistance
to all magic schools. Does not stack with Frost/Ice Armor.
- New Spell: Conjure Water (Rank 7) (Available through quest at
- Arcane Missiles: Fixed a bug where the spell would not function
properly against spell-reflecting targets.
- Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
- Blessing of Protection - Now castable on all raid targets.
- Blessing of Sacrifice - Now castable on all raid targets.
- Blessing of Salvation - Now castable on all raid targets.
- Divine Intervention - Now castable on all raid targets.
- Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
- Holy Fire - Fixed a bug with the bonus damage gained from +fire
damage items. Such items now have a greater effect on this spell.
- Prayer of Fortitude - This spell is now cast on the target's party.
- Power Word: Shield - Now castable on all raid targets.
- A number of areas in the world now have footlockers in them.
These areas are in place for rogues to visit to increase their
lockpicking skills. The contents of these footlockers are only token
amounts of treasure, but they should allow for a more interesting
experience while increasing lockpicking skill. The difficulty of the
locks in the area correspond to the level of the zone, so if your
lockpicking skill is around 100, you would go to Durnholde Keep in
Hillsbrad. But if your skill is 250, you might head to Tyr’s Hand in
* Hillsbrad Foothills - Durnholde Keep
* Redridge Mountains - Lake Everstill
* Ashenvale Forest - Zoram Strand
* Stonetalon Mountains - Windshear Crag and Associated Mines
* Wetlands - Murloc Camps
* Desolace - Sar'theris Strand
* Badlands - Angor Fortress
* Swamp of Sorrows - Pool of Tears
* Searing Gorge - The Slag Pit
* Tanaris Desert - Lost Rigger Cove
* Azshara - Bay of Storms
* Eastern Plaguelands - Tyr's Hand (elite)
- Very high-end gems will no longer be acquired from junk boxes or
- Added a visual to Sword Specialization "proc" that will now show up
in the combat log as well.
- Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
- Tremor Totem - Now creates the appropriate looking earth totem;
tooltip updated to clarify what effects it counters; radius of effect
increased; now pulses more frequently.
- Astral Recall - The tooltip now includes the home point the spell
will recall you to.
- We've changed the spell icon of several totem spells. They should now
all be unique.
- Searing Totem - Damage slightly increased.
- Reincarnation - No longer causes resurrection sickness.
- Improved Drain Mana - Will now report to the combat log all damage
- Inferno - The duration the Infernal is enslaved when first summoned
has been increased. The area of effect damage caused by the Inferno
spell, and all threat generated by it, will now originate from the
Infernal. The Infernal will now immediately attack targets within the
radius of the spell.
- Enslave Demon - Is no longer dispellable.
- Curse of Agony - Now benefits from items that increase shadow damage.
- Nightfall - Fixed a bug where the Shadow Trance effect was lost
without benefit. Previously, the talent had a 3%/4% chance of
triggering. It now has a 2%/4% chance of triggering, and the tooltips
have been updated to accurately reflect this change.
- Ritual of Doom - The death caused at the completion of the ritual no
longer causes durability loss.
- Firestone - Equipping Firestones will now increase damage caused by
- Spellstone - Equipping Spellstones will now improve your chance to
get a critical strike with spells.
- Fear - Mana cost changed to a percentage of base, which results in an
increase in cost.
- The Shadow Trance buff granted by the Nightfall talent will no longer
be used up by a shadowbolt that was in mid-cast.
- Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was slightly increased.
- Battle Shout - Rage cost reduced.
- Bloodrage - Health cost reduced.
- Heroic Strike - Damage increased.
- Parry - Moved to level 6.
- Thunder Clap - Now causes Physical damage instead of Nature damage;
damage increased; duration increased with each new rank.
Improved Sunder Armor - Now decreases rage cost by 1/1/1.
Improved Thunder Clap - Now decreases rage cost by 1/1/2.
- Execute - Full rage is no longer consumed when the ability does not
- Overpower - Should now be usable when a special attack is dodged.
- Fixed a bug where rage was not being generated when normal melee
attacks were parried, dodged, and blocked.
- Charge has been improved so it will work through doorways and won't
path you through an entire dungeon.
- Sweeping Strikes bug fixed. It will hit more reliably and show up
in combat log correctly.
- Added a visual to Sword Specialization "proc" that will now show up
in the combat log as well.
- Ogres in Azeroth have undergone a visual upgrade.
- Yeti will no longer flee when at low health.
- Mummified Atal'ai will no longer cast Fevered Plague so often.
- Some outdoor creatures will now use their Fear abilities less often.
- Reduced the number of pirates on the boats in Stranglethorn Vale.
- Reduced the number of Syndicate in Strahnbrad.
- Reduced the respawn rate of the troggs on the islands in Loch Modan.
- Some wildlife that was stationary in Desolace should now be more
- Mechanical Whelps have been boosted by five levels in order
to be effective longer. Their damage has been slightly decreased to
compensate for the additional damage that would have occured with
- Battle Chicken has had its level boosted by five.
- The monster ability Skull Crack now only stuns for two seconds
instead of six.
- Warbringer Constructs now have less armor than before.
- The Reactive Mana set bonus effect on the Arcanist set had an
incorrect tooltip. The proper chance of the effect triggering is 1%,
- Restorative Elixir tooltip is now more clear.
- Weightstones may now be used on fist Weapons.
- Postmaster's Treads now have stats more appropriate for cloth
- Crown of the Penitent effect made more appropriate for the quality
and level of item.
- Bloodlust Epaulets stats improved to the appropriate amount for the
item's level and quality.
- The effect of the Spirit of Aquamentas and Choker of Enlightenment
has changed to a +damage and +healing of all spell schools effect.
- Ramstein's Lightning Bolts effect reduced to 200 points of damage and
a 10-yard radius.
- Magister's Mantle, Robe, Belt, Crown, and Binding changed to include
more stamina in lieu of spirit.
- Gnomish earrings will no longer appear outside the Bloodlust Helm.
- Deathstriker name changed to Felstriker.
- The Lion Horn of Stormwind now properly gives AC to members of the
- Priests can now use scrolls and the Heart of Noxxion while in
- The costs of Enriched Manna Biscuits, Blessed Sunfruit, and Blessed
Sunfruit Juice have been lowered to 60 silver per stack of five.
- The buff effect of Blessed Sunfruit has been changed from Stamina
- Horn of the Arctic Wolf now correctly summons an arctic wolf
(Instead of a light-gray one).
- White Bandit Mask is now Uncommon and Bind on Equip.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Judgement Sabatons to have two instances
- Green Lens item can no longer call Stamina as one of its random
properties. Existing Green Lens have not been changed.
- Frenzied Striker is now Bind on Equip instead of Bind on Pick Up.
- Sorcerer Sphere is no longer Warlock only.
- Twilight Orb is no longer Warlock only.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Dog Training Gloves to not be Bind on
- Fixed a bug that was causing Thrash Blade, Flurry Axe, and Ironfoe to
have an additional attack when the effect went off.
- Fixed a bug on Gearforge Girdle (awarded by the Felwood quest, A
Final Blow) that caused it to have more stats than it should. It
no longer has +12 defense.
- Shadowcraft Boots now have +21 Agility instead of +21 Intellect.
- Fixed a bug with Jungle Remedy that was causing it to be on the
non-combat potion timer of three seconds. It is now on the combat
potion timer of two minutes.
- Fixed a bug with Fist of Stone that caused it to have stats that it
shouldn’t have. Existing Fist of Stone items have not been changed.
- Finkle’s Skinner is now Main hand only.
- Drop rates of gems have been increased at lower levels and decreased
at higher levels.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Outrunner’s Cord to appear incorrectly
- Fixed a bug that was causing Vosh’gajin’s Strand to appear
incorrectly on characters.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Omokk’s Girth Restrainer to appear
incorrectly on characters.
- Holy spell damage bonuses will no longer appear on random property
- Silithus has been itemized.
- Royal Seal of Alexis no longer drops off of Baron Bloodbane. It is
now only obtainable via the quest Ramstein, no longer has a
minimum level requirement, and is Bind on Acquire. Existing Royal
Seal of Alexis items have not been changed.
- 16-slot bags are now set to Uncommon.
- Razorlash Root should now restore mana as intended and should no
longer apply the first aid debuff.
- Re-worded tooltips on Shard of Afrasa and Demon’s Blood to better
explain their effects.
- Changed the tooltip on random property items with the suffixes "of
Concentration" and "of Regeneration" to more clearly state their
- Lunar Wands that drop should now have random properties.
- Hurley Blackbreath’s treasure table has been modified.
- Rend’s treasure table has been modified.
- Goraluk Anvilcrack treasure table has been modified.
- General Drakkisath treasure table has been modified.
- Deathcharger’s Reins can now be used by Tauren.
- Items that periodically restore health and mana no longer show up
in the combat log.
- Vanquisher’s Sword and Amberglow Talisman, the rewards for the
quests Bring the Light (Alliance) and Bring the End (Horde), have
been upgraded to be rare instead of uncommon.
- Modified Crystal Charge, Crystal Force, Crystal Restore, Crystal
Spire, Crystal Ward, and Crystal Yield to be on appropriate cooldown
timers. Completing the Crystal Pylon quest to obtain them will now
reward five each instead of three.
- Mark of the Dragon Lord has had its visual changed to better fit its
effect, and the tooltip has been corrected.
- A new engineering recipe is available in Blackrock Depths for
a repair robot. This robot acts as a repair vendor for 10 minutes
and will repair and purchase items for normal cost. This will allow
dungeon groups and raids to get items repaired and sold without
returning to town.
- The Horde version of the tribal leatherworking quest now requires
the appropriate amount of leatherworking skill to complete.
- The item requirements for the elemental leatherworking quest have
been lowered from four of each kind of elemental item to two.
- A number of high-end profession reagents were changed to good
quality (green) to indicate their value and so that they are
distributed properly by group loot (Essences, Orbs of Righteousness,
- All of the creation professions have had one or more dropped recipes
added to raid level targets.
- Bottomless Bag requires significantly more mooncloth and two core
leather to make now.
- Invulnerability Potion - Now makes you immune to all physical attacks
and damage rather than just damage.
- The effects of flasks and elixirs are no longer dispellable. This
should make their use more compelling in PvP situations.
- Fused Wiring will now drop more often from target dummies.
- Quickdraw Quiver now requires cured thick hide (instead of thick
hide) as one of its required components.
- Crimson Lotus changed to a gray item as it is currently unused by
- Green Lens now requires more ingredients to make, but has special
effects rather than just stats on it.
- Red dragonscales have had their vendor price reduced.
- Drop rates of very high-end gems have been somewhat increased on rich
- Improvements have been made to many potions: Troll's Blood potions,
Stoneshield potions, Magic Resistance potions, Flasks of Power, and
Greater Defense potions.
- Chimeric Glove recipe is no longer bind on pick up.
- There is now a recipe at leatherworking trainers that allows thick
leather to be turned into rugged leather.
- Turtle Scale Gloves recipe has been added to vendors in Feralas to
make completion of the tribal leatherworking quest easier.
- You will now catch ocean fish when fishing from Rut’theran village.
- The cooking trainer in Dolanaar now sells cooking recipes for
several types of fish.
- Owls in Teldrassil now drop more eggs than they used to.
- A new type of turtle is now found on the beaches of northern Tanaris
in the level 42-43 range. They can be skinned for turtle scales.
- The Recipes for Robe of the Void, Robe of the Archmage, and Truefaith
Vestments are no longer soulbound.
- Engineering guns level 40 and above now have attributes on them to
bring them in line with the random property guns.
- Cooking recipe, Tender Wolf Steak, added to vendors in Aerie Peaks
and Gadgetzan. Allows players to cook tender wolf meat.
- Horde cooks can now cook up raptor eggs from a recipe found in
Gromgol and Hammerfall.
- Elixir of Giants duration increased to 60 minutes.
- Shadowskin Gloves recipe added so there is a non-rare recipe that
requires Shadowcat Hide.
- Hot Wolf Ribs now count as meat for purposes of being fed to
- Mooncloth recipe moved to a different vendor in Everlook.
- Storm Gauntlets fixed so they deliver their lightning damage
- Enchantment for boots that increase speed improved significantly.
Raids & Dungeons
- "Raid lockout" is fixed. If the leader of your raid group is saved
in a different instance than you would otherwise go to, you are added
to your leader's instance.
- Added /raidinfo command showing remaining time on saved raid
instances. Also shows an ID to compare with other players (if you
have the same saved ID as them, you will go into the same instance)
- Added a chat window message when you are first saved to an instance.
- Raid members will show up on the world map.
- If you enter an instance in a group, and then leave that group, you
will not be able to complete quest objectives until you rejoin the
- Extended the decay time of boss corpses in dungeons.
- Lengthened the respawn time of many of the creatures in Ragefire
Chasm, Gnomeregan, Uldaman, Razorfen Downs, Scholomance, and
- Molten Core
* Molten Core is now on a 6-day respawn timer.
* Added in-game voice for Ragnaros and Majordomo Executus.
* Fixed an issue that was causing the first Firelord to stop moving.
* Garr will now lose his enrage buff when he leaves combat.
* Majordomo Executus will now make the Flamewaker Healers immune to
polymorph at the appropriate time, even after failed attempts.
* Bringing Flamewaker Healers too far away from Majordomo Executus
will now result in the Healers becoming immune to Polymorph.
* Line of Sight checks removed from many creature abilities in
* Sons of Flame now despawn when everyone wipes.
* Ragnaros will reset properly if the raid wipes while submerged.
* Onyxia's fireballs will no longer result in a confuse effect
(Engulfing Flames). The impact damage of these fireballs has been
slightly increased to compensate for the loss of the damage
* Onyxia's egg pit will now heat up when she does a strafe breath
across the room.
* Onyxian Warders now respawn in the hallway while Onyxia is in
* Increased the delay before Onyxia will try to tail sweep.
* Fixed a bug that could cause Onyxia to occasionally not reset
* Fixed a bug that was causing Onyxia to get stuck under the world
* Players no longer leave combat while Onyxia is in flight.
* The Onyxia Key quest for the Horde has experienced some changes.
* The Test of Skulls for Scryer, Somnus, and Chronalis can now all
be obtained simultaneously. The drop rates for black dragonspawn
eyes have been increased substantially.
* Baroness Anastasi in Stratholme will now leave the possessed
target when the target is below 50% health, instead of 30%. She
will also cast Possession slightly less often.
* Roaming Gargoyles will be set to a 30-minute respawn.
* Roaming Shades set to 15-30 minute respawn (previously 5-15).
* Patchwork Horrors set to 15-30 minute respawn (previously 6-10).
* Overall respawn in the entire dungeon made longer.
* Crimson Conjurers will no longer roam in pairs.
* Crimson Conjurers can now only have a max of two "pets" at
* Changed the way the Gauntlet area works. The Crystals no longer
* The Crystals no longer fire ribbon of souls (this was causing
* Fixed a bug that was causing monsters to leave combat in
mid-fight, thus regaining all their health.
* Various tweaks made to the Baroness encounter.
* Lengthened the overall respawn of the dungeon.
* Risen Aberration health and damage reduced.
* Reduced the duration of Dark Plague from three minutes to 90
* Fixed a bug that caused the Cloud of Disease spell, cast by
Diseased Ghouls, to do more damage than intended.
* Blood of Innocents will now drop off both Doctor Theolen
Krastinov (The Butcher) and Jandice Barov for players that have
completed the Sarkhoff questline in Scholomance.
* Shadow resistance now will be more effective at mitigating the
damage from Unholy Aura.
* The creature spell, Call of the Grave, has had its damage reduced
- Blackrock Spire
* Spire Spiders now only summon four Spire Spiderlings instead of
* Health and damage on these Spire Spiderlings has been reduced.
* Crystallize has been reduced from eight seconds to six seconds.
* Some Blackrock Spire bosses will now properly display their true
level, instead of being considered world bosses (who do not
- Blackrock Depths
* The doors to the Lyceum will now re-open after Magmus has been
* Vault encounter has been toned down slightly.
* Mind Flay and Cripple will now work on Blackrock Depths bosses.
* Princess Theradras - Boulders thrown will now cause a knockdown as
well. She will also be more intelligent about deciding when to use
her Dust Field ability.
* Noxxion encounter made easier for groups lacking area of effect
* Creeping Sludge poison proc has been changed to a pulsing
point-blank area of effect short-range damage spell called Poison
* Dead Hero will now always drop an uncommon random item.
* Witch Doctor Zum'rah's loot table was improved.
* Toned down the Zigguraut event.
* Toned down the Antu'sul event.
* Fixed stuck NPCs that were causing "in combat" issues.
* Scarabs will no longer flee when at low health.
- Scarlet Monastery
* Doors requiring the Scarlet Key can now also be opened with a
Large Seaforium Charge in addition to the lockpick ability.
* Doors requiring the Workshop Key can now be opened with a Small
* The "cannon door" can now be opened with a Small Seaforium Charge
in addition to the lockpick ability.
- Quests that take you into dungeons are now denoted "Dungeon" in the
quest log, and are sorted under the dungeon to which they take you.
- Decrepit Guardians in Andorhal were changed to non-elite.
- The Heroes of Darrowshire quest in Eastern Plaguelands now gives an
- Increased the drop rate of Shadowmaw Claws for Mok'thardin's
- Fixed an issue with the Green Hills of Stranglethorn quest. If
players destroy one of the chapters, Barnil will now help them
- The quest, Scarlet Diversions, should now be easier to complete.
- Reduced the speed at which the Magrami ghosts are attracted to the
Ghost Magnet in the Ghost-o-plasm Round Up quest. Modified quest
text to suggest players move away from where they place their magnet.
- Princess Poobah now waits for 60 seconds before despawning after the
completion of the Message in a Bottle quest.
- Fixed pathing on the assassins of the Protect Kanati Greycloud quest,
to prevent them from getting stuck.
- Arei the Treant is now PvP-enabled. If Horde players attack him
while Alliance players are escorting him, the Horde players will now
be flagged for PvP.
- The It’s Dangerous to Go Alone quest in Un’goro no longer requires
a deprecated item to complete.
- The health of the Corrupted Saber (escortee in the Corrupted Sabers
quest) was increased.
- The Scarab Shells quest in Zul’Farrak’s item requirement was reduced
from nine Uncracked Scarab Shells to five
- Zaricotl no longer drops an NYI (Not Yet In) quest item (the Pocked
Black Box) for Horde players.
- The epic item questline for the turning in of the Beast's hide has
had its monetary requirements lowered to 50 gold.
- The Molten Core Dark Iron turn-in quests (Favor Amongst the
Brotherhood) have had several major changes. Turning in Dark Iron Ore
will now result in half of its previous faction reward. However, the
turn-in requirements for Fiery Core, Core Leather, and Lava Core have
been substantially reduced and their faction rewards quadrupled.
- For the Kodo Roundup quest in Desolace, bringing a Tamed Kodo back to
Smeed Scrabblescrew now works.
- The King of the Foulweald quest event in Ashenvale now has the
Enraged Foulwealds spawn as soon as Karang’s Banner is placed.
- The Zamek’s Distraction quest event in Thousand Needles now causes
Rizzle to leave his hut (and leave his Indurium Plans behind).
- End quest added to Hydraxis quest line, offering players a reward.
- The amount of waves players must fight in the Belnistrasz quest event
has been reduced.
- Argent Dawn Valor Tokens, Minion’s Scourgestones, Invader’s
Scourgestones, and Corruptor’s Scourgestones now stack in quantities
greater than 20.
- You may now turn in Thorium Shells in exchange for Thorium Headed
Arrows. Both Orgrimmar and Ironforge have a turn-in NPC.
- Smudge Thunderbrew in Ravenholdt Manor now sells the recipe for
Thistle Tea to those rogues who completed the quest and inadvertently
destroyed their recipes.
- The Horde version of the quest A Call to Arms: The Plaguelands!
should now only be available once after accepting the quest.
- The text for the Je’neu and the Earthen Ring quest has been
- The completion point for the The Fragments Within quest should now
appear in the mini-map.
- The Araj's Scarab quest should now properly reflect that it is an
elite difficulty quest.
- The WANTED: Murkeep! quest is now sharable.
- The duration of Arcane Quickeners has been increased to 30 minutes.
- The reward for completing the quest Morrowgrain to
Feathermoon Stronghold has been increased to 10 packets of seeds per
- The Evergreen Pouch as used by Herbalists with a skill of 150+ has
- The chance of getting morrowgrain when the pouch is used has been
- The Order Must Be Restored quest now gives a Stormwind reputation
boost upon completion.
- The Roll the Bones quest has been lowered in level.
- There are now more lockboxes available in the Ruins of Andorhal for
the Counting Out Time quest.
- The Mangled Journal found in Un’Goro Crater now drops for all members
of a group.
- The Shattered Necklace in Badlands and Uldaman now drops for all
members of a group.
- The Winterfall Activity quest is now available to players who are
at the minimum point of Friendly reputation with the Timbermaw
- Ghede and Jenal in the Un’Goro Soil quest now appear in the
mini-map when it is time to talk to them. It is also clearer where
they are in the quest text.
- Quests marked as Gadgetzan in the header of the quest log should now
be displayed as Tanaris.
- Typos fixed for many quests.
- Pets in defensive mode that respond to attacks will no longer flag
their masters for PvP. If the master issues an explicit attack
command, the master will be flagged.
- You can issue pet commands while you are stunned, fleeing, etc.
- Pets and summons no longer get stuck when you get on a boat or
- Non-aggressive enemy NPCs no longer attack pets and summons.
Faction & Reputation
- Felicia Maline in Stormwind is now giving a discount on gryphon rides
for players who have Honored or greater reputation with Stormwind.
- The Argent Dawn is offering new rewards to heroes who are Revered and
Exalted to the Dawn. Speak to a quartermaster of the Argent Dawn for
- If a player is under the effects of mind control by another player,
then reputation adjustments for killing creatures go to the
- Larger factions (Horde, Alliance, Steamwheedle Cartel, etc.) now
report reputation increases and decreases across the board if so
- Rivern Frostwind’s death no longer gives reputation adjustments for
Horde and Alliance factions.
- Winterfall Pathfinders in Winterspring now give Timbermaw reputation
adjustments when killed.
- The loss of overall reputation when a player loses reputation at the
higher tiers of a faction (Friendly, Honored, Revered, Exalted) has
been substantially reduced.
- You can now have multiple action bars onscreen at the same time.
- You can activate the additional action bars through the Interface
- You can now have quest completion criteria for the quests you are
currently on display on the game screen as well as in the quest log.
If you shift-click on a quest in the quest log, it will display the
completion criteria on the main game screen underneath the mini-map.
- You will now be able to tell how many other players in your group
have the same quest you do. When you are in a group, it will display
the number of other players in the group who have the quest in
parenthesis to the left of the quest name. If you mouse over the
quest name, it will display the names of the other players in the
party who have the quest in the bottom right hand corner of the
- Chat bubbles have been added to the game. Now when a player or NPC
uses a /say or /yell chat command, it is displayed in the game screen
by default as a chat bubble as well as in the chat log. It displays
above the head of the character talking, but only if you can see the
character. This functionality can be turned off should you desire.
This functionality also exists for party chat, but is turned off by
default. Both options are turned on or off in the "Interface" options
- The /bug and /suggest commands have been removed from the game.
This functionality was mainly for beta test purposes and not intended
for our live audience. To submit bug reports, please petition a GM.
To make a suggestion about the game, please use the Suggestions forum
on the WorldofWarcraft.com website.
- Level information is no longer available to the scripting system for
dangerously high-level enemies.
- Improved client performance with chat filter enabled.
- Added /golfclap.
- You can no longer change armor sets while your enemies are stunned.
- If more than one player ties a loot roll, a random player will
receive the loot.
- Monster tooltips now display the hostile color in an easier to read
shade of red.
- Loot sparkles will disappear appropriately after group loot or master
loot is distributed.
- An option has been added to display the time remaining on your buffs
all the time. The option is found in the "Interface" options window
under "Buff Durations."
- If the current round robin looter closes the loot window without
looting money, other players may loot the money.
- Targeting with the tab key has been fixed so hitting tab will acquire
creatures in a cone up to 30 yards in front of you or a circle 10
yards around you. It no longer only hits targets off to your left.
- When you are using group loot or need before greed looting systems
and are looting a bind on pick up item, the "This item will bind to
you" yes/no dialog box pops up after you click the "roll dice"
button, but before it accepts your roll.
- You can now lock your action bar so spells cannot be dragged out of
it while it is locked. This functionality can be assigned to a
hotkey toggle in the keybindings UI.
- Trading with a player no longer closes his auction interface (you
get a busy message).
- Added subclasses to recipes in the auction house interface
(tailoring, leatherworking, etc...)
- A message will be sent to group members if everyone passes on a loot
- An "unbind" button has been added to the key bindings page.
- Guild names can no longer have consecutive spaces, or start or end
with a space. This prevents confusingly similar guild names such as
"My Guild" and "My Guild".
- Added a right-click menu to the social pane for whispering and
inviting players into groups.
- The guild interface remembers whether or not to show offline members
- If you are holding down the move forward key, and press the move
backwards key, you will stop moving.
- Increased the quest share distance to 10 yards.
- The "|" character will show up in general chat channels.
- You will get informative feedback if you try to share a quest with
someone who is already on the quest or has completed it.
- Added UI to the addon customization screen to specify how much memory
is available to the scripting system.
- Added the "date" and "time" functions to the UI scripting system.
- You will see an error message if you tell your pet to attack a target
that it can't find a path to.
- If you are sitting and press a turn key, you will stand up and start
- Riding Kodos have new icons for when you are mounted.
- NPC chat log color changed to light yellow by default instead of gray,
which was not very readable.
- If you have files in the Interface\FrameXML folder, they will be
moved to Interface\FrameXML.old after a patch.
- After the game is patched, you will be prompted to disable addons
that are out of date.
- Added IsMovable(), SetMovable(), IsResizable(), SetResizable() member
functions to frames in the scripting system.
- Added the "pcall" and "xpcall" functions to the UI scripting system.
- The .toc file for addons supports a new keyword: "DefaultState,"
which can be enabled or disabled, and specifies whether or not an
addon is enabled or disabled by default when first installed.
- The bridges in northern Stranglethorn Vale are now fixed so they will
not dismount you when you ride across them.
- The names of many more points of interest have been added to various
- The Ashenvale, Felwood, and Azshara Crater areas are using a new
graveyard system that should help to place dead characters at
- Fixed several places throughout the world where monsters and
profession nodes were spawning underground, floating or inside of
- You can now design guild tabards in Ironforge and Thunder Bluff.
- Characters dying in the instanced portions of Blackfathom Deeps,
Scholomance, Maraudon, Onyxia's Lair, and Ragefire Chasm will now
correctly receive a corpse marker in the minimap and see the message
letting them know that they need to enter the instance before they
will be able to resurrect.
- The Argent Dawn base at the southern edge of the Western Plaguelands
is now named Chillwind Camp.
- Quartermaster Miranda Breechlock in Eastern Plaguelands is now in a
more accessible position.
- Krinkle Goodsteel in Gadgetzan no longer repairs durability damage.
His brother, Wrinkle Goodsteel, and his friend Blizrik Buckshot, who
share a nearby shop, are still more than happy to provide their
durability repair services.
- Reagent Vendors have been added to Feathermoon Stronghold and Camp
Mojache in Feralas.
- Added a mailbox to the Darnassus Bank.
- The following flight times have been reduced:
* Auberdine - Talonbranch Glade
* Thunder Bluff - Orgrimmar
* Theramore (Dustwallow Marsh) - Nijel's Point (Desolace)
- The following flight paths have been added:
* Gadgetzan - Brackenwall Village
* Gadgetzan - Valor's Rest (Silithus)
* Gadgetzan - Camp Mojache
* Gadgetzan - Crossroads
* Orgrimmar - Everlook
- Fixed framerate problem with UI modifications that use overlapping
- Hunter pets immediately gain training points when they level up.
- Creatures that are quickly respawning to repopulate an area will
often wait a few seconds after they spawn before attacking
- Fixed bug where Seal Fate and Blood Frenzy were giving two combo
points instead of one.
- You can no longer disenchant an item while you have the disenchant
loot window open for another item, which caused you to lose the
original item and its loot.
- Fixed bug where Primal Frenzy was giving 10 rage instead of five.
- Fixed bug where melee weapon abilities were causing durability
damage to ranged weapons.
- Fixed a bug where abilities that give extra attacks, like the paladin
Reckoning talent, could cause the following swing to take longer than
- Fixed a bug where instant melee attacks were not blockable.
- Fixed a bug where "On Next Swing" melee attacks (e.g. Heroic Strike)
that were blocked were fully blocked instead of having their damage
reduced by the block amount.
- Fixed a bug where off-hand attacks were being skipped when using
"On Next Swing" melee attacks.
- Fixed a bug where Ammo Pouch and Quiver bonuses were stacking
together. Now only the better bonus should be considered.
- Fixed a bug where Quivers and Ammo Pouches were granting a larger
haste bonus than intended in some cases.
- Items like the Eye of the Beast will correctly increase your spell
critical hit chances.
- Players will no longer become stuck behind a structure in the Ruins
of Eldarath, Azshara.
- Players will no longer become stuck near the entrance to an ogre
mound in the Mo'Grosh Stronghold in Loch Modan.
- Players will no longer become stuck in a steep location in Forest
- Players will no longer fall through the ground in a cave location in
- Players will no longer fall through the ground at the Cauldron area
of the Searing Gorge.
- Players can no longer gain access to Zul'Gurub through Duskwood.
- Turning in a guild charter signed by a player who later joins
another guild no longer destroys the charter. You get it back and
have to get a replacement signature.
- Turning in a guild charter with the same name as an existing guild
will no longer destroy the charter. You can then rename your charter
and turn it in again.
- Tab targeting works properly now.
- Fixed exploit allowing non-grouped players to remove other players
- Hyperlinks for wrapped items no longer show random property of the
- Fixed bug with incorrect minimum bid display when outbid while
monitoring your auctions at the auction house.
- The auction interface now displays the gold, silver, and copper
values for all items, even if those values are zero. This should
make it more difficult to "hide" an item that costs several gold
among items that only cost several silver, for example.
- Items with charges now work properly from the action bar.
- Removed unnecessary happiness icon for warlock pets
Self-casting (ALT+action button) when your current target is out of
range works properly now.
- The quest NPC Khan Jehn no longer becomes confused and unresponsive.
- The stove at Sentinel Hill in Westfall can be used for cooking.
- Campfires amongst the murloc encampments in Dreadmurk Shore,
Dustwallow Marsh can now be used for cooking.
- Fixed a problem with the Horde flight path from Light's Hope Chapel
in Eastern Plaguelands to the Undercity.
- You will now properly receive COD payments and returned mail from
those on your ignore list.
- Fixed item links from the character inspect window.
- Fixed item links from beyond the first page of the loot window.
- Fixed a bug allowing a guild master to promote himself to guild
master, which incorrectly set the guild master as an officer, leaving
the guild without a leader.
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.2.4 (2005-02-22)
- We have deployed a client-side change that should improve
performance when large numbers of players are gathered in a small
area of the world. No other changes are included with this emergency
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.2.3 (2005-02-15)
Dueling across factions remains intact in the patch, in consideration
of players' desires to duel members of the opposing faction.
*This is a minor patch to address localization issues discovered
during the European beta test. These changes affect localized text
strings for French and German versions of the game only, and players
in other regions will not see any changes to the game.
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.2.2 (2005-02-15)
Seal of the Crusader: Fixed a bug where damage per swing was
increasing instead of decreasing when Seal of the Crusader was active.
This resulted in a dramatic increase in damage per second (DPS) that
was unintended. The tooltip for the spell displays the intent of
"Fills the Paladin with the spirit of a crusader, granting additional
attack power. The Paladin also attacks faster, but deals less damage
with each attack."
The overall increase in DPS from Seal of the Crusader should only
result from the increase in attack power and not from the increase in
attack speed. We understand this is a significant decrease in the
power of this spell, but was a necessary bug fix to ensure both
overall game balance and the viability of different Paladin Seals.
- Various text strings and audio have been corrected for the French and
German versions of the game.
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly enabled the vertex animation shader
option on some GPU's that do not support it. This bug was causing
player character models in-game and in the character selection screen
to appear invisible or distorted. The fix should benefit users with
NVIDIA GeForce 2MX or 4MX GPU's and ATI Radeon 7000/7500 GPU's. It
should no longer be necessary to manually turn off the vertex
animation feature on these systems - it should now be off and
- Group loot has been fixed to work as originally intended. It will now
work exactly like round robin does, with the exception that when an
item of threshold level or above drops, it will use the auto-rolling
system. (Prior to this fix, when in group loot mode, the round robin
system was only being used for items (all players could loot coins),
which was rather confusing).
- Fixed a group loot permission bug that was telling players they did
not have permission to loot.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the game to freeze when scrolling
through auctions in the Auction House.
- Murlocs play the drown animation when they die underwater now.
- Onyxia correctly hovers instead of standing in midair.
- You can target vocal emotes again.
- Pets and summoned creatures attacking enemies will now tap the
enemies for their owners.
- Fixed a bug with Troll Shamans and the Berserk ability. Troll Shamans
can only go Berserk when they are in the wounded state.
- Rogues now correctly gain Lockpicking skill from items picked in the
- Quests that require you to follow/escort an NPC will only complete
when you arrive at the designated area.
- Horde and Alliance members cannot duel with each other regardless of
- Herbs and mineral nodes will remain active if they are not fully
- Fixed a bug that was giving higher damage-per-second (DPS) to
Steelarrow Crossbow and Blackcrow than was intended.
- Sell prices on Hypnotic Blade, Illusionary Rod, Mantle of Doan, and
Robe of Doan have been lowered.
- Players who have completed the quest to summon Kirtonos may now
obtain the Blood of Innocents from Doctor Theolen Krastinov.
- The tooltip for the Warrior's Intercept ability has been updated to
reflect the proper rage cost. Using Intercept now requires 10 rage,
not 15 rage. The tooltip now accurately reflects that.
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.2.1 (2004-12-21)
- Rolling for items in the French and German will now work properly.
- Resolved an issue with looting in click to move mode that could cause crashes.
- Performance issues occurring with certain CPUs have been resolved.
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-21)
The holidays are here and the citizens of Azeroth are celebrating the
occasion with festive decorations and winter time activities. Keep an
eye out for some fun and exciting surprises throughout the world!
New Dungeon - Maraudon
In the vast gray of Desolace lies the earthen tomb of Zaetar, fallen
Keeper of the Grove and son of Cenarius. Zaetar rejected his Keeper
heritage when he joined with the princess of the chaotic earth
elementals, Theradras. Their unholy union gave birth to the misshapen
and cursed centaur, who promptly slew their father for his part in
their misbegotten creation. Fearful of Cenarius' wrath, the
grief-stricken Theradras sequestered her dead lover's body in her
secret sanctuary, the Crystal Caverns of Therramok, where she watches
over him to this day. Travelers who come to Desolace have little
trouble spotting Zaetar's tomb, for the blessing of nature that
permeates his being transformed his resting place into a verdant
paradise of flora and tranquil pools. Today, this tomb is now trodden
by the hooves of Zaetar's children, who have claimed this great cavern
as their sacred stronghold Maraudon.
Maraudon, a level 40-49 dungeon in Desolace, is now open and ready for
Cloak & Helm Graphics
There are now interface options that let you not display your helm
and/or cloak on your character. These options will allow a player to wear a
cloak or helm, but not have it show up in the game world. The check
boxes to control this functionality are in the Options menu under
- Players will now receive credit for killing a monster even if
they die during battle.
- Players will now be able to purchase and train mounts from other
races in their faction. However, you will first need to obtain
"exalted" reputation status with that race in order to do so.
Mounts of the opposing faction are not available for purchase.
- A "Looking for Group" channel has been added. Additional improvements
in looking for group functionality will be added in future patches.
- Daze chance has been reduced in degrees depending on the level of the
monster versus the level of the player. Thus, a monster will have a
better chance to Daze a player equal in level than it would Dazing a
player five levels higher.
- If you die in Molten Core, you will now be able to retrieve your
corpse at the Blackrock Depths instance line.
- Several instance bosses and sub-bosses have had their levels slightly
- Giant Clams in the Vile Reef now drop Blue Pearls.
- Spell Reflection no longer reflects abilities.
- You can initiate a trade by dropping money onto a player.
- You can no longer select targets while under the effects of charm.
- Most non-elite creatures in non-instanced areas of the world have had
their hit points slightly increased starting from level 20.
- Messages in the chat window provide feedback when you are getting
drunk or sober.
- Skill gain messages will no longer appear for auto-ranking class
skills when you gain a level.
- Training costs for all classes are in the process of being rebalanced.
For this patch, training costs have been adjusted for the Rogue and
Warlock classes and we will be making similar adjustments to all
classes in the future.
- Damage bonus for the Warrior's One-Handed Weapon Specialization
(Protection tab) increased to 2% per rank.
- Amount of threat generated by Shield Bash when Shield Discipline is
active has been increased.
- Mortal Strike changed to deal weapon damage + a flat amount (85, 110,
135, 160) instead of percentage-based damage. Additional ranks
available on Warrior trainers.
- A bug causing the Hurricane talent to not require channeling has
been fixed. This spell now correctly requires channeling.
Player versus Player
- Gurubashi Arena - The arena in Stranglethorn Vale has been changed so
that free-for-all PvP will only take place on the floor of the arena,
and no longer in the stands or on the entrance ramp. Please keep in
mind that on PvP realms, members of the opposite faction can still
attack you anywhere in the arena because Stranglethorn Vale is a
- There is now a short countdown before a duel starts.
- Fishing for high-level zones has been restored.
- Monetary value of fished items sold to vendors has been significantly
- Chances of acquiring green weapons and armor from fishing have been
- Fishing profession now requires a minimum character level, like the
other professions do. Any character who already has a fishing
profession past the intended level will not be affected.
- The recipes for Heavy Mageweave Bandage, Runecloth Bandage, and Heavy
Runecloth Bandage can be learned by visiting your faction's Artisan
First Aid questgiver.
- Sell prices on Runecloth Bandages and Heavy Runecloth Bandages have
- Expert First Aid books moved to a more appropriate vendor for the
Horde. New vendor is still within the same general area as the
- Spider Sausage added to cooking trainers.
- Negative effect on Fletcher's Gloves has been changed.
- Alchemists' Stone effects have been changed.
- Gnomish Death Ray ingredients have been changed.
- Small Spider Legs drops have been increased to aid night elf cooks.
- Embossed Leather Boots are now correctly marked as Soulbound.
- Enchant 2H Weapon with Intellect is now correctly giving +3 to
- Enchanter's Cowl minimum level to use set to 28 instead of 38, as was
- Decrepit Darkhounds are now skinnable.
- Bloodstone Ore was made easier to mine.
- The damage effect on Deathblow, Diabolic Skiver, and Pendulum of Doom
is now considered physical damage instead of Shadow damage.
- Area effect of Piccolo of the Flaming Fire has been reduced.
- Common shields sold at the shops have had their levels shifted to
provide for a greater variety of choices.
- The damage effect from Circle of Flame no longer gets increased by
items with fire bonuses.
- Area effect on Explosive Rockets has been reduced.
- Damage over time effect on Demonshear should no longer be increased
by items with Shadow bonuses.
- Effects from Stormstout, Trogg Ale, Raptor Punch, and Keg of
Thunderbrew Lager no longer stack.
- Enriched Manna Biscuit now regenerates mana correctly.
- Wolfmane Wristguards are now Uncommon instead of Common.
- Lowered stats and armor on the Forcestone Buckler, which is rewarded
from the Compendium of the Fallen quest. Existing Forcestone Bucklers
have not been modified.
- Smokey's Explosive Launcher and Smokey's Fireshooter from When Smokey
Sings, I get Violent quest have been improved. Additional item reward
added to this quest as well.
- Heart of the Scale should apply the correct Fire resistance now.
- Fixed a bug that caused Wildheart Boots to have duplicate stats.
- Loamflake Bracers now have stats.
- Effect on Cloak of Flames has been reduced.
- Dog Training Gloves are now Uncommon instead of Common.
- Murkgill Murlocs in Stranglethorn no longer drop Encrusted Tail Fin.
- Fixed texture on Rageclaw Belt to look like a belt instead of pants.
- Armor values for some Leather and Mail armor between levels 15 - 36
have been slightly changed to address an error with armor values.
- Many Stranglethorn Vale quests had their experience rewards changed
to be more in line with the difficulty of the quests. Some
Stranglethorn Vale quests were also increased in difficulty, due to
increased kill requirements or balance changes to the quest target
creatures. The Green Hills of Stranglethorn and Big Game Hunter
quests also now reward different items upon completion.
- Two new quests added to Desolace involving the Kodo Caravan.
- Number of centaur required to kill to unleash Warlord Krom'zar in
the Barrens Counterattack! quest has been reduced to 20.
- Time limit for the Counterattack! quest has been increased to 20
- Thazz'ril's Pick is now easier to spot.
- Bloodfury quest in Stonetalon Mountains is now marked elite.
- Catch of the Day quest in Desolace now requires 2 Bloodfish instead
of the previous 5.
- New quest rewards added to the Allegiance to the Old Gods quest in
- Wildhunter Cloak reward item from the Ashenvale Hunt quest has been
- Vagash in Dun Morogh now properly shows his Elite status.
- The Encrusted Tail Fin quest item now only drops off the Saltscale
Murlocs in Stranglethorn.
- The Bloodfury Ripper's Remains quest item now only drops off the
Bloodfury Ripper in Stonetalon Mountain.
- The Blueleaf Tubers requirement of the Barrens’ Blueleaf Tuber quest
was decreased to 6.
- Quest text for the Elemental War quest is changed. It no longer
implies that a choice of rewards is available.
- The Summoning Shadra quest level has been increased from 50 to 55,
to reflect the level of Shadra.
- Quest related drop items from A Sample of Slime quest and a Batch of
Ooze quest have been reduced in value.
- Entangling Roots: Rank 4 moved to level 38.
- New Spell: Gift of the Wild (Level 50) - Longer lasting Mark of the
Wild spell that buffs the entire group. Requires a reagent to cast.
(Spell is available via loot drop only.)
- Bear Form: Armor bonus increased from 65% to 180%.
- Dire Bear Form: Armor bonus increased from 125% to 360%.
- Hibernate: Players now have an increasing chance to break free of the
effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than 15
- Hunters can no longer sit while under the effects of Feign Death.
- Disengage will cause the Hunter's target to immediately check for a
- Hunters will no longer show mana while they are under the effects of
- Claw: Ranks 3-8 focus costs increased to match ranks 1-2.
- Beasts under the effect of Beast Lore will now display whether they
are tameable or not.
- Pets: Bite and Claw tooltips now list the damage that is dealt when
the pet is content. Actual damage is unchanged.
- Scare Beast: Beasts now have an increasing chance to break free of
the effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than
- Portals: Each portal spell now has an individual cooldown.
- Polymorph: Players now have an increasing chance to break free of
the effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than
- Sense Undead: No longer available via the trainer; quest reward only.
- Power Word: Shield: Now usable on party members only.
- New Spell: Prayer of Fortitude (Level 48) - Longer lasting Power
Word: Fortitude spell that buffs the entire group. Requires a reagent
to cast. (Spell is available via loot drop only.)
- Mind Control: Can no longer be cast on tapped targets.
- Backstab will automatically target the nearest enemy if no target is
- Distract is now effective against creatures that are already distracted.
- Sap: Players now have an increasing chance to break free of the
effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than 15
- Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
- Vanish will now break root and slow effects.
- Earthbind Totem: Added a 15-second cooldown.
- Warlock demons have a wide selection of names based on the demon
type. This only affects new demons; existing demons will keep their
- Warlocks can no longer kill players in duels.
- Death Coil won't give health until it actually hits the target.
- Death Coil will only give the amount of health that it actually
drained from the target.
- Create Soulstone: Reduced the Soul Shard cost from two shards to one
- Curse of Shadow: Increased duration from two minutes to five minutes.
- Curse of the Elements: Increased duration from two minutes to five
- Fear: Players now have an increasing chance to break free of the
effect, such that it is unlikely the effect will last more than 15
- Devour Magic (Felhunter): Fixed a bug where the felhunter would be
healed every time the spell was used, in addition to the healing
gained from successful dispelling.
- Tainted Blood (Felhunter): The reactive effect no longer causes
- Training costs adjusted. Total training cost was decreased.
- Enslave Demon: Can no longer be cast on tapped targets.
- Warriors will start swinging after performing a Slam attack.
- New Ability: Pummel (Berserker Stance) (Level 38) - Instant attack
that causes damage and interrupts spellcasting for a short duration.
- Shield Bash: No longer usable in Berserker Stance.
- Intercept: Cost reduced from 15 rage to 10 rage, damage reduced
- Bloodrage: Now generates 10 rage immediately and 10 rage across the
- Improved Bloodrage: Now reduces the health cost of Bloodrage by 25%
(rank 1) and 50% (rank 2).
- Berserker Stance: Now increases critical strike chance by 3% instead
of granting 10% melee haste. Extra damage taken reduced from 20% to
- The vertex and pixel shader based graphic options have been
reactivated on certain combinations of drivers and GPU hardware. As
Apple releases future improvements to drivers we will continue to
re-test and re-activate features on a case by case basis. A more
detailed list of which driver/hardware combinations are enabled for
shader capabilities, along with any known bugs will be posted on
the Tech Support forum. Further optimization work on the client is
ongoing, and we welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Added reverb to sound effects when a player is in enclosed spaces.
- The Minimap arrows that point to locations/players/etc. are now
easier to see.
- Tooltip information on players and monsters in the game has been
- Alternative keyboard types (such as Dvorak) will now work correctly.
- Macros that cast spells will show spell feedback (e.g. cooldowns,
etc.) on the action bar.
- Lua single line comments now work in script blocks embedded in XML
- There is a new user interface to enable and disable add-ons for the
current account, available at the character selection screen.
- FontString has a new attribute, "maxLines,” which is used to limit
the number of lines the FontString will render.
- Any text that goes beyond the extents of a FontString will be
truncated and replaced with "..."
- When a player breaks the surface of the water going up (i.e. heading
out of the water), the camera will move to the above-water position
regardless of whether or not the player is holding down the right
- The visual effect for unlearning talents will happen after you accept
the dialog instead of immediately.
- A bug with bandages has been fixed. Previously, only the lowest rank
bandage (Linen Bandage) was working correctly in that it brought up a
channeling bar and required you to remain still while bandaging. All
of the other bandage types (Heavy Linen through Heavy Runecloth) were
working incorrectly, but have been fixed to operate the same way that
Linen Bandages do.
- Cenarion Vindicators no longer summon Forces of Nature as quickly.
- Severed Dreamers no longer summon Nightmares as quickly.
- Several elite creatures that were missing their elite tags have been
- Will of the Forsaken is no longer grayed out on the action bar while
you are fleeing.
- The Emerald Dragon Whelp will assist you when summoned.
- Aquatic creatures will no longer eventually teleport to you if you
harass them from land.
- Undead players will no longer be invisible when they first log in
after watching the intro cinematic.
- Fixed the rotating animations of the crystals in Un'Goro Crater.
- Reginald Windsor's yell can be heard during The Great Masquerade.
- Kodos in the Barrens will no longer stomp incessantly while in combat.
- The Ward of Laze is now summoned at a more appropriate level, instead
of level one.
- Some elite creatures in outdoor areas of the world had higher than
normal experience modifiers, and were corrected to award the proper
amount of experience.
- Rare creatures in many of the higher level outdoor zones will now
use their appropriate combat abilities.
- Autoloot has been fixed to work with skinning.
- Fixed durability display on vendor buyback items.
- Some creatures in the outdoor world had much less armor than
intended. This has been corrected.
- A bug causing war stomp to not affect some targets within melee range
has been fixed.
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.1.2 (2004-12-6)
- Removed time zone tabs from realm list for U.S., all servers now appear
in one list.
- World of Warcraft Client Patch 1.1.1 (2004-11-17)
Item durability costs have been greatly decreased for Superior (blue)
and Epic (purple) items.
We've added an auto-unstuck feature that you can use prior to
petitioning a GM. You can use this feature in situations where you
are caught in a part of the terrain and cannot get out. You can find
the unstuck option by clicking on the "Help Request" button found
on the bottom right hand side of the user interface.
Using the Spirit Healer now results in a 25% loss in durability for a
player's equipped gear and items in inventory, instead of the
previous 100% loss. The length of resurrection sickness suffered
from using the Spirit Healer has also been decreased to a maximum of
Reagent requirements have been removed from the following spells:
Druid: Mark of the Wild
Mage: Arcane Intellect
Priest: Power Word: Fortitude
- The Daze effect has been reworked to have a smaller chance of
occurring against players level one to 29. The chance of a
successful Daze effect against players 30 and above remains the same.
- The Improved Renew talent has been reduced in effectiveness per rank.
- The effect chance of Seal of Command has been reduced slightly.
- Redoubt now lasts either 10 seconds or five blocks, whichever comes
- The effect of Improved Moonfire has been reduced per rank.
- Bear Form has been improved to hold aggro more effectively.
- Growl: removed rage cost and global cooldown.
- Cower: increased the effect, added a cooldown.
- Judgment: Moved to level 4.
- Divine Protection: Moved to level 6.
- Purify: Moved to level 8.
- Seal of the Crusader: Now introduced at level 6.
- Feint: increased the effect, added a cooldown.
- New Spell: Reincarnation (Level 30). Reincarnation is a passive
ability that will give you to option of letting you resurrect
yourself once every half hour upon death.
- Inferno: Now dismisses your pet before casting to allow the Infernal
to start Enslaved. Useable outdoors only.
- Defensive Stance has been improved to hold aggro more effectively.
- Taunt: removed rage cost and global cooldown.
- Night Elf characters in Wisp form will now have correct collision
- Damage modifiers will now be calculated before armor points are
considered, instead of after.
- World of Warcraft Client Patch (2004-11-07)
Racial traits are now available for all races. Each race receives at
least 4 traits (several passive and at least one active trait per
race). Undead racial traits have changed to be more consistent with
the new traits and Undead players are now considered Humanoid targets
rather than Undead targets. The following is a full list of traits:
Stoneform: Activate to gain immunity to poison, disease, and bleed
Gun Specialization: Increase Gun Skill
Frost Resistance: Increase Cold Resistance
Treasure Finding: Activate to see treasure chests on mini map -
lasts until canceled - no cooldown
Escape Artist: Activate to break out of a Root or Snare effect
Expansive Mind: Increase Intelligence
Arcane Resistance: Increase Arcane Resistance
Engineering Specialist: Increase skill bonus to Engineering
Perception: Activate to increase stealth detection radius
The Human Spirit: Increase Spirit
Diplomacy: Bonus to faction point gain
Sword Specialization: Increase Sword skill
Shadowmeld: Activate while immobile and out of combat to enter
Quickness: Dodge chance increased
Wisp Spirit: Become a wisp when dead with movement speed increase
Nature Resistance: Increase Nature Resistance
Blood Fury: Activate to increase Strength
Hardiness: Increase resistance to stun & knockout effects
Command: Pet melee damage increased
Axe Specialization: Increase to Axe skill
War Stomp: Activate to stun opponents
Endurance: Max Health increased
Cultivation: Increase skill bonus to Herbalism
Nature Resistance: Increase Nature Resistance
Berserking: Activate when "Wounded" to increase melee &
Regeneration: Increase health regen bonus
Beast Slaying: Increase damage bonus to Beasts
Throwing Weapon Specialization: Increase Throwing Weapon skill.
Will of the Forsaken: Activate to become immune to fear, sleep,
and charm effects
Cannibalize: Increase health regeneration while consuming a corpse
Underwater Breathing: Underwater breath increased
Shadow Resistance: Increase Shadow Resistance
New Raid Encounters
Rumors of Onyxia, an enormous black dragon, have been heard through
out Azeroth. Be sure to bring many brave warriors for she won’t
take kindly to intruders in her lair. Both factions will need to
complete unique, and challenging quests to gain access to the
Onyxia encounter. **During the beta testing there will be a
temporary placeholder vendor who sells keys to Onyxia’s lair for
Discovered in the heart of Blackrock Mountain beyond the Depths,
lies the Molten Core. Within the Molten Core lives a multitude of
ancient and powerful evil. Adventurers be ware, for the dangers found
within the Molten Core are many and takes many forms.
**Raid loot is being worked on and temporary loot has been placed in
New Kodo mounts!
There is but one creature in all of Kalimdor that possesses the
strength and stamina to bear a tauren rider into battle: the
majestic kodo beast. Swifter and slightly smaller than their
wild cousins, kodo mounts nevertheless demonstrate the same
resilience and fearlessness found in their untamed brethren, traits
that serve them well when bearing their equally resolute riders. It
is said that only the most virtuous of tauren can win the affection
of a kodo war mount, for these mighty beasts only serve those that
approach them with honor and respect in
Tauren players will no longer have the Plainsrunning ability, due
to the availability of Kodo mounts! Tauren players can purchase the
Kodo mount at Bloodhoof village.
**Currently there is an active bug that prevents players from
purchasing mounts from different races regarding of reputation, this
bug will be addressed in the next patch.
- Higher level dungeon monsters (level 30+) have had their experience
- Experience needed to gain levels from level 30+ has been increased
(to compensate for the dungeon monster change).
- On death, all eqipped items will lose 10% durability.
- Durability loss through fighting has been decreased (mainly to
accommodate the new penalty for dying)
- The penalty for using a Spirit Healer has been changed - there is no
longer any experience loss, instead all items (equipped and
inventory) will take 100% durability loss and the character will gain
resurrection sickness for a duration that scale according to level.
- Spells that activate (proc) on kill will work on all players, but only
monsters that would give experience points.
- All spears are now polearms.
- Polearm proficiency can now be learned by Hunters, Paladins,
- Spear proficiency has been removed.
- Minimum range on abilities now account for size of target and
- Armor can't be swapped out while in combat. Other equipment
such as weapons and accessories can still be swapped out.
- Shift-click item info linking has been added to the auction
- You now get a 10% discount at high reputation for buying items,
item repair, training costs, and taxi flights.
- Line of sight calculation takes into account creature size.
- Creatures should be more adept at chasing players.
- Spawn animations for game objects are now visible.
- Skills will not increase from use while dueling or engaged in
- Texture linear filtering is turned on for the user interface.
- Escort NPCs will assist players more often.
- Escort NPCs and guards will no longer follow enemy players
- NPCs which are performing work emotes will pause them and turn to
you when you interact with them.
- The Reanimated Corpse actually falls down now when it plays dead.
- New graveyards have been added to many zones.
- Players will not be able to train and purchase non-race specific
mounts. In the next patch, we plan to implement a system in which
players can obtain mounts from other races once they have reached a
certain level of reputation with that race.
- Onyxia Key Quests for both the Horde and Alliance are in and
- Eastern and Western Plaguelands have dozens of new quests.
- Tirion Fordring's questline is now complete.
- New PvP, Raid, and PvP Raid quests are live.
- Quests for Molten Core have been added.
- The completion of a quest may now result in a reputation
adjustment of a faction or a group of factions.
- More quests added to Desolace, including several Horde
- Horde quests added to Ashenvale, ranging from levels 19-30.
- Hemet Nesingwary and his companions now like Horde players in
addition to Alliance players.
- More quests added to Stonetalon.
- More quests added to Blackfathom Deeps. Blackfathom has been
moved to Ashenvale and now has Horde quests.
- Mind Control and Hunter's Mark flag you for PvP when used on
- Healing and buffing NPCs will not flag you for PvP unless those
NPCs are in combat.
- NPCs no longer tap creatures they are fighting.
- Paladin talents are now available.
- Hunter talents are now available.
- The current high-bidder's name no longer displays in the auction
- Each time a bid is made on an item, a small amount of time is
added to the remaining auction duration.
- Items you are the high bidder on will be indicated as such in the
- Leatherworking is now complete, you can make up to 300
leatherworking skill items.
- Enchanting is now complete, you can perform enchantments that
require up to 300 enchanting skill.
- Engineering is now complete, there are engineering recipes that
require up to 300 engineering skill.
- Epic player crafted items that require raiding are now available.
- Skeleton Keys added to blacksmithing. Smiths can now open locks
(though the keys are consumed)
- Expert and above skill tiers for secondary skills are no longer
available on trainers, you need to find the books to teach you them.
Expert level is on a vendor somewhere in the world, artisan level
requires a quest to be completed.
- Elixirs no longer stack with player spells that improve the same
- Enchanting recipes generally require more reagents for 200-250
- Limited Invulnerability Potion Re-added to Alchemy, but at a higher
level than it was previously.
- Leatherworking recipes added to let light leather be turned into
medium leather, medium leather into heavy and so on.
- Light leather requirements for some 15-20th leather level items
reduced to allow for faster skillup in that range.
- Leatherworking Scorpid Recipes now require 2x the scorpid scales,
but scorpids now drop the scales 4x as frequently.
- Light leather now only takes 3 scraps to make instead of 4.
- Starting Leatherworking recipe items improved.
- Medium and Heavy leather now sells for less to vendors.
- Pick pocketing now has a chance of getting you a locked Junkbox,
which is a locked item that generally has money in it.
- Ironweb Spider Silk now drops more often and some Tailoring
Recipes require less.
- The ingredients required to make some gnomish engineering items
- Elixirs effects reduced somewhat for the higher level elixirs.
- Dark Iron Armor stats have been changed.
- Living Essence and Essence of Undeath drops decreased.
- Silk and Mageweave cloth now sell for less to vendors.
- All remaining profession trainers who train a single recipe
have been turned into vendors.
- Catseye Ultra Goggles and Catseye Elixir reduced in effectiveness.
- Requirements to make blacksmithing recipes annihilator and
invulnerable mail increased.
- Artisan Level Fishing, Cooking, and First Aid quests are in the
game. Trainers will no longer train artisan level in the
aforementioned professions. Players must complete quests to gain
- Pets, summons and guardians are not susceptible to charm.
- Pets should be much better at chasing moving targets.
- Pets and summons will use their combat abilities as often as
- When your pet or demon learns new spells and abilities they will
show up on the pet action bar.
- Charmed creatures will no longer use their summon spells while
- The pet action bar is greyed out while the pet is confused or fleeing
- Imps no longer run around aimlessly if you turn off auto-cast for
- Removed facing direction requirement from Entangling Roots, Faerire
Fire, Hibernate, and Soothe Animal.
- New Spell: Rebirth (Level 20).
- New Ability: Feline Grace (Level 40).
- Bear Form abilities that target one or more enemies now generate
- Enrage: Cooldown increased.
- Growl: Now gives the target enough threat to attack you, cooldown
- Hibernate: Increased the chance of breaking early.
- Mark of the Wild: Ranks 5, 6, and 7 now require reagents.
- Glimpse of Instincts: Removed.
- Outdoorsmanship skill line renamed Survival.
- Ranged Combat skill line renamed Marksmanship.
- Removed facing requirement from Hunter's Mark and Scare Beast.
- Aspect of the Cheetah: Speed increased.
- Aspect of the Pack: Speed increased.
- Concussive Shot: No longer causes additional threat, duration and
cooldown slightly increased, mana cost reduced.
- Disengage: Effect boosted, cooldown added.
- Hunter's Mark: Duration increased, dispels itself if the Hunter dies.
- Mongoose Bite: Damage increased, mana cost increased.
- Scare Beast: Increased the chance of breaking early.
- Wing Clip: Slow effect now scales with level.
- Feign Death: Duration increased.
- New Spell: Track Beasts (Level 1).
- New Spell: Track Humanoids (Level 10).
- New Spell: Track Undead (Level 18).
- New Spell: Track Hidden (Level 24).
- New Spell: Track Elementals (Level 26).
- New Spell: Track Demons (Level 32).
- New Spell: Track Giants (Level 40).
- New Spell: Track Dragonkin (Level 50).
- New Spell: Distracting Shot (Level 12).
- New Spell: Aspect of the Wild (Level 46).
- Blink should work much more reliably and will not stop your movement.
- Removed facing requirement from Counterspell, Detect Magic, and
- Polymorph: Now dismounts the enemy target, increased the chance of
- Blizzard: Deals its damage in more frequent intervals.
- Arcane Intellect: Ranks 4 and 5 now require reagents.
- Teleport: Now requires a reagent.
- Portal: Now requires a reagent.
- Slow Fall: Now requires a reagent.
- Retribution Aura: Moved to level 16.
- Judgement: Moved to level 50, renamed Holy Wrath.
- Removed facing requirement from Hammer of Justice and Turn Undead.
- Cleanse: Moved to level 42, mana cost increased.
- Holy Light: Causes less threat, heal effect and mana cost increased.
- Purify: Mana cost increased.
- Turn Undead: Increased the chance of breaking early.
- Holy Strike: Removed.
- Crusader Strike: Removed.
- Seal of Reckoning: Removed.
- Healing Aura: Removed.
- Dominance Aura: Removed.
- Wisdom Aura: Removed.
- Redemption: Removed.
- Resurrection: renamed Redemption, no longer useable in combat.
- **All Seals renamed Blessings. Several new spells have been added,
which now use the naming convention "Seal".
- New Spell: Seal of the Crusader (Level 12).
- New Spell: Seal of Justice (Level 22).
- New Spell: Seal of Light (Level 30).
- New Spell: Seal of Wisdom (Level 38).
- New Spell: Flash of Light (Level 20).
- New Spell: Judgement (Level 10).
- New Spell: Blessing of Might (Level 8).
- New Spell: Blessing of Wisdom (Level 14).
- New Spell: Blessing of Light (Level 40).
- New Spell: Concentration Aura (Level 22).
- New Spell: Divine Intervention (Level 30).
- Resistance Aura: Split up into 3 new spells...Shadow Resistance Aura
(Level 28), Frost Resistance Aura (Level 32), and Fire Resistance Aura
- Seal of Fury has changed significantly.
- Seal of Righteousness has changed significantly.
- Blessing of Sacrifice: Moved to level 46, now transfers a flat amount
of damage per hit, and has replacements.
- Blessing of Salvation: Moved to level 26, duration increased, cooldown
removed, effect reduced.
- Blessing of Freedom: Moved to level 18.
- Blessing of Protection: Moved to level 10.
- Resurrect spells now use the same timer as when reclaiming your corpse.
When a player is resurrected, they will have to wait for a set amount
before they can click the accept button.
- Resurrect now teleports you to the location at which the spell was cast,
not to the caster's present location.
- Removed facing requirement from Mind Control, Mind Soothe, Shackle
Undead and Shadow Word: Pain.
- Resurrection: No longer useable in combat.
- Levitate will now be cancelled if any damage is taken, now requires a
- Power Word: Fortitude: Ranks 4, 5, and 6 now require reagents.
- Mind Control: Increased the chance of breaking early.
- Shackle Undead: Increased the chance of breaking early.
- New Spell: Desperate Prayer (Level 10). (Dwarf/Human only.) (Quest)
- New Spell: Starshards (Level 10). (Night Elf only.) (Quest)
- New Spell: Touch of Weakness (Level 10). (Undead only.) (Quest)
- New Spell: Hex of Weakness (Level 10). (Troll only.) (Quest)
- New Spell: Fear Ward (Level 20). (Dwarf only.) (Quest)
- New Spell: Feedback (Level 20). (Human only.) (Quest)
- New Spell: Elune's Grace (Level 20). (Night Elf only.) (Quest)
- New Spell: Devouring Plague (Level 20). (Undead only.) (Quest)
- New Spell: Shadowguard (Level 20). (Troll only.) (Quest)
- Vanish will now cancel spells in progress and missiles in flight if
they are being cast at the vanished player.
- Poisons: Should now be resistable.
- Removed facing requirement from Blind and Pick Pocket.
- Lockpicking: No longer auto-ranks. It must be used to improve.
- Sap: Increased the chance of breaking early.
- New Poison: Wound Poison (Level 32).
- New Ability: Safe Fall (Level 40).
- Removed facing requirement from Purge.
- Rebirth: Renamed Ancestral Spirit, no longer useable in combat.
- Water Walking: Now cancelled if any damage is taken, requires reagent.
- Water Breathing: Now requires a reagent.
- Earth Shock: Now causes additional threat.
- Healing Stream Totem: Heals in smaller, more frequent intervals
(roughly the same total over time).
- Mana Spring Totem: Restores mana in smaller, more frequent intervals
(roughly the same total over time).
- Rockbiter Weapon: Now also makes your melee attacks cause additional
- Windfury Weapon: Much more responsive.
- Windfury Totem: Much more responsive.
- Only party members can participate in rituals.
- Voidwalkers will wait for enemies in the area before casting Suffering.
- Target of summoning ritual must already be in the same instance if
caster is in an instance.
- Summoning gives a confirmation dialog to person being summoned.
- Ghosts can no longer be summoned.
- A bug has been fixed in the calculation of total mana for Warlock pets.
- Lash of Pain (Succubus): no longer requires the succubus to be behind
- Seduction (Succubus): Mana cost reduced, increased the chance of
- Soulstones: Now soulbound when created, are consumed to store the
target's soul. When that target dies, he may resurrect himself any
time up until release. Cooldown added.
- Removed facing requirement from Banish, Corruption, all Curses,
Enslave Demon, and Fear.
- Demon spells are now available as Grimoires from the Demon Trainers in
the world. Purchase the Grimoire and read it while the appropriate
demon is summoned to teach it the spell.
- Enslave Demon once again requires a soul shard, increased the chance
of breaking early if cast repeatedly on the same target.
- Howl of Terror: Increased the chance of breaking early.
- Fear: Increased the chance of breaking early.
- Rain of Fire: Duration, mana cost, and damage slightly reduced, deals
its damage in more frequent intervals.
- New Spell (Imp): Phase Shift (Level 12).
- New Spell: Summon Felhunter (Level 30). (Quest)
- New Spell: Inferno (Level 50). (Monster Loot)
- New Spell: Curse of Doom (Level 60).
- New Spell: Ritual of Doom (Level 60). (Monster Loot)
- Inner Rage: Removed.
- Pummel: Removed.
- Heroic Strike: Now available in all Stances, damage increased on some
ranks, decreased on others.
- Sunder Armor: Now available in all Stances.
- Shield Bash: Now available in all Stances.
- Hamstring: Now available in Battle and Berserker Stance.
- Rend: Now available in Battle and Defensive Stance, damage slightly
increased on some ranks.
- Recklessness: Moved to level 50, moved to Berserker Stance, can be
cancelled early, now causes the Warrior to take extra damage instead
of decreasing armor.
- Bloodrage: Available in all Stances, cooldown increased.
- Cleave: Moved to level 20, available in all Stances, damage reduced.
- Mocking Blow: Moved to level 16, damage increased, replaced more
- Shield Wall: Moved to level 28.
- Slam: Available in all Stances, damage reduced, casting is pushed back
- Thunder Clap: Damage increased.
- Defensive Stance: Now reduces damage taken and damage caused instead
of increasing Defense skill.
- Intimidating Shout: Moved to level 22, no longer causes the targeted
enemy to run in fear, but will cower in fear. The cowering effect is
broken by damage.
- Warrior abilities that target one or more enemies now generate
- Taunt: Now gives the target just enough threat to attack you.
- Berserker Rage: Moved to level 32.
- New Ability: Retaliation (Level 20).
- New Ability: Execute (Level 24).
- New Ability: Intercept (Level 30).
- New Ability: Whirlwind (Level 40).
Shader based options are still disabled on the Mac client and are
awaiting release of driver bug fixes from Apple and GPU vendors. We will
release a patch to re-enable shader based graphic effects in Mac WoW when
that becomes feasible
- Monsters with extra dodge chances have been corrected.
- Abilities that activate off critical hits work off critical hits from
abilities as well (Blood Craze, Enrage).
- Blessing of salvation correctly affects healing over time spells.
- If you tame the leader of a herd of Kodo with the Kodo Kombobulator the
whole herd won't follow you.
- If you close the disenchanting loot pane without looting the item, the
Dust or Essence or Shard is automatically looted for you. (You no
longer destroy the enchanted item if you close the loot pane with the
results of the disenchantment)
- Vocal emotes now display a normal emote to the chat window, instead of
the "Player says..." text. Voice Emote Audio is unchanged.
- There is now a checkbox to turn off audio emotes.
- Many boxes and crates ready to be looted have been added around the
- Many new rare vendors selling weapons/armor/potions have been added
around the world.